The general aim of the Green Railway project is to create a new non-motorized tourism route for both locals and visitors, using old narrow-gauge railway causeways in South-Estonia and North-Latvia.
Latvian Greenways Association is one of the 24 project partners and during the project will:
- Advise on the Greenways-related activities like e.g. Feasibility Study, project branding and design
- Lobby the development of Greenways within municipal and State institutions to clarify the land ownership issues
- Participate in the project Steering Group meetings and related events
Project partner outputs
- Feasibility Study on the Future Greenways development in Vidzeme and South Estonia
- Project Website can be found here: www.greenrailways.eu
Project duration is from 01.03.2017 to 30.10.2019 and the total budget of the Project is 1 174 938 EUR, 85% (998 697.36 EUR) is co-financed from Estonia-Latvia programme
Latvian Greenways Association’s budget in the project is 23 470 EUR, where 19 949.50 EUR or 85% is is co-financed from Estonia-Latvia programme
This website reflects the views of the author. The managing authority of the programme is not liable for how this information may be used.